A bill of sale is a legal document used to record transactions between a buyer and a seller. Here, the bill of sale for a boat and trailer is a form filled by the two parties when a boat and trailer has been exchanged between them for a certain agreed sum of money.
This is a general form for the sale of a boat and is NOT restricted to any particular county or state.
Guide to Fill in the Bill of Sale for Boat & Trailer Form
- Begin by entering information about the seller. This information includes his/her full name and detailed address, city, state, zip code and phone number.
- Similarly, enter this information about the buyer – his/her full name and detailed address, city, state, zip code and phone number.
- The next section is to provide details of the boat. These details include make and model of the boat, year of manufacture of the boat, hull identification number (HIN) and title number of the boat.
- Next you have to enter details of the trailer – make and year of manufacture of the trailer, empty trailer weight, identification number as well as license plate number of the trailer.
- Next, price details have to be entered. Enter the amount paid for the boat (in US Dollars) followed by the amount paid for the trailer (in US Dollars). Add the two and arrive at the total purchase price (in US Dollars).
- After agreeing that the above facts are true and accurate, signatures and date of signatures of both buyer and seller are required at the bottom of the form.
Free Download Link
Boat & Trailer Bill of Sale Form