Just as a simple bill of sale form is used to document a paid transaction between a buyer and a seller, in the same way a Boat Bill of Sale form is a legal document used to record the sale of a boat between the two parties. The seller of the boat transfers the ownership of the boat to the buyer for an agreed sum of money.
How to Fill in a Boat Bill of Sale Form
- Fill in the date of sale of boat in the top right corner.
- Next, information about the seller needs to be furnished. This information includes his/her full name, address with city, state, zip code and three contact numbers – home phone, cell phone and work phone.
- The same details need to be entered for the buyer – his/her full name, address with city, state, zip code and three contact numbers – home phone, cell phone and work phone.
- Once the details for the buyer and seller have been filled, proceed to filling details on the boat that was sold. This includes make and model of the boat, year of manufacture, hull identification number and title number of the boat.
- Now, enter the value of the boat (amount paid for the boat in US Dollars) followed by the form/method of payment (which could be cash, check, etc).
- The seller agrees that the information in this form is 100% true to the best of his knowledge and he signs the form along with the date of signature. Similarly, the buyer’s signature is required along with date of signature. The form is now complete.