The Colorado Vehicle Bill of Sale is a legal document that is drawn to record the sale of a vehicle and the transfer of ownership of that vehicle from seller to buyer. This form however, is only valid within the state of Colorado. The form mentions five exceptions wherein the buyer may use the motor vehicle in question on the highway before registering it.
Steps to Fill the Form
- To begin with, enter the amount agreed upon (in US Dollars) between the buyer and seller in consideration for the transfer of ownership of the vehicle.
- Next, enter the full name of the person buying the vehicle in question, followed by the detailed address of the buyer as well.
- The next section of the form is for providing details of the vehicle such as the year of manufacture of the vehicle, make (manufacturer) and model of the vehicle as well as the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- The seller(s) certifies that the above information is true to the best of his/her/their knowledge and that the vehicle in question has no sort of loans or mortgages attached to it. Also, that the vehicle in question solely belongs to the seller.
- To complete the form, signatures of both the seller and buyer are required along with the date and time of the respective signatures.