The Division of Law Enforcement in Massachusetts provides the Massachusetts Recreational Vessel/Vehicle Bill of Sale form. It is a form filled when the transfer of ownership of a recreational vessel/vehicle in the state of Massachusetts needs to be done.
The form is used for the sale of either a recreational vessel or a vehicle in the state and for the transfer of ownership from seller to the buyer of the same.
How to Fill the Bill of Sale Form
- Begin the form by entering the date of the sale transaction, followed by the exact sum of money being paid in consideration of the vehicle (enter the sum in USD).
- Enter the full legal name of the party that receives the vessel/vehicle (buyer), followed by his/her address in detail.
- Similarly, enter the full legal name of the party giving away the vessel/vehicle (seller) along with his/her full detailed address.
- The next segment is for describing the vessel/vehicle by entering details of the vessel/vehicle – year of manufacture, HIN # or VIN # (as applicable) and the length of the vehicle in feet and inches.
- Check either ‘yes’ or ‘no’ depending on whether the sale transaction includes a motor.
- Check either ‘yes’ or ‘no’ depending on whether the sale transaction includes a trailer.
- In the same way that the vessel/vehicle was described, the motor and trailer will also have to be described, if ‘yes’ was checked if any of the above two statements.
- To end the form, the signature of the seller is required followed by the signature of the buyer.
Free Download Link
Massachusetts Recreational Vessel Vehicle Bill of Sale Form