A bill of sale is a legal document that records sale transactions between the parties involved, to avoid future disputes. Similarly, the Michigan Bill of Sale form, also known as Form TR-207, legally records a sale of a trailer, watercraft or a snowmobile in the state of Michigan. The form must be filled and submitted to the Secretary of State office.
Instructions to fill Form TR-207:
- Firstly, enter the full legal name of the seller of the vehicle (trailer, watercraft or snowmobile) in question.
- Next, check one of the three boxes to indicate what vehicle is being sold – ‘non-titled trailer, non-titled watercraft, or snowmobile’.
- Next, enter details about the vehicle being sold. These details include year of manufacture, make, serial number and registration number of the vehicle, year of last decal and the exact date of sale.
- Next, details of the buyer of the vehicle must be furnished – full legal name of the buyer and his/her full address, inclusive of street, city, state and zip code.
- Similarly, details of the seller are required. Firstly, enter the exact sale price in US Dollars ($), followed by the signature of the seller. Next, enter the seller’s full address, inclusive of street, city, state and zip code.
- If the vehicle being sold is a trailer, then the last section is for trailer details. Enter the empty scale weight of the trailer, business name and address, and the signature of the weighmaster. Form TR-207 is now complete.