A bill of sale is a legal document created when there needs to be a transfer of ownership of a certain item or property. In the Nevada Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale form, details about the sale and parties to the sale are needed to be filled. The form is provided by the Nevada DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) and must be submitted back there as well.
Steps to Fill this Form:
- Begin by entering the exact amount being paid for the motor vehicle – both in words as well as in figures (US Dollars).
- Now enter details of the buyer of the vehicle (here referred to as new owner). Enter full legal name (first, middle, last) and/or (check one of the two) Nevada driver’s license, ID card number, DOB, or FEIN (federal employer identification number).
- Also enter the full mailing address and physical address of the new owner, inclusive of city, state and zip code. If there are multiple buyers, enter the same details for all buyers. End this section with the signature and date of signature of the buyer, followed by his/her/their telephone number and email address.
- Next, enter vehicle details beginning with vehicle VIN (vehicle identification number) in the boxes provided. Enter the year of manufacture, make/manufacturer and model of the vehicle being sold. Check the box if the vehicle has been rebuilt as per NRS 482.098.
- If there are any lienholders of this vehicle, it should be specified here – name of lienholder, driver’s license, ID card #, DOB or FEIN, as well as detailed address.
- The seller then certifies and warrants that he/she is the lawful owner of the vehicle and that there are no other lienholders apart from those specified. The seller’s full legal name is then required, followed by DL, ID card #, DOB or FEIN, as well as full address.
- At the bottom, the seller signs the document and enters the date of signature.
Free Download Link
Nevada Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale