Bill of sale forms are filled when the two parties (buyer and seller) involved in a sale transaction want to legally record that particular sale transaction so as to avoid future disputes. Similarly, the Trailer Bill of Sale form is one filled to record the sale of a trailer and transfer of ownership from old owner to new owner. Since it is a general form, it is valid anywhere in the United States of America.
Steps to Fill the Trailer Bill of Sale:
- Begin the form by entering the full legal name of the buyer of the trailer.
- Next, enter the exact date of the sale transaction.
- Next, enter the exact total purchase price in US Dollars ($).
- The next section is to describe the trailer being sold – enter the make/manufacturer of the trailer being sold, the year of its manufacture, the empty weight of the trailer, identification number and license plate number of the trailer.
- The seller then acknowledges that the above details are 100% true and accurate to the best of his/her knowledge.
- Conclude the trailer bill of sale form with the signature and date of signature of the seller. Similarly, the signature and date of signature of the buyer of the trailer is also required.