The Washington Vehicle/Vessel Bill of Sale is a legal document that is drawn between the buyer and seller involved in the sale of a vehicle or vessel in the state of Washington. The buyer has 15 days after acquiring the vehicle/vessel to apply for title registration, or else he will have to pay a penalty fee. The seller must submit a Report of Sale within 5 days of the sale, releasing all liabilities from the vehicle/vessel. The form is provided by the Washington State Department of Licensing and it must be submitted back there after full completion.
Instructions to Prepare the Bill of Sale:
- The first section is for providing details of the vehicle or vessel being sold, as applicable. For identification purposes, check one between ‘Vehicle’ and ‘Vessel’.
- Now, enter the year of manufacture, make/manufacturer, model, license plate/registration number, VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)/HIN (Hull Identification Number), date of sale and the exact sale price (in US Dollars) of the vehicle or vessel, depending on which box was checked.
- The next section is for seller information. Enter the full legal name of the seller(s) followed by the full detailed address of the seller, inclusive of city, state and zip code.
- Similarly, enter the same details of the buyer of the vehicle or vessel in question in the next section – full legal name of the buyer(s) followed by the full detailed address of the buyer, inclusive of city, state and zip code.
- When all details have been filled in, the buyer and seller are required to sign at the bottom of the form. If there are multiple buyers or sellers, then there will be multiple signatures.
Free Download Link
Washington Vehicle, Vessel Bill of Sale