A bill of sale is used very often to legally record sale transactions in the USA, so as to avoid future disputes between the buyer and seller. The Wyoming Standard Vehicle Motor Vehicle is one such bill of sale used to record the sale of a motor vehicle and it is restricted to the state of Wyoming only.
Steps to Fill the Form:
- Begin by entering the sum of money being paid for the vehicle, in US Dollars ($).
- Next, enter the full legal name of the seller, who agrees to sell the vehicle to the buyer, whose full legal name is also needed at the top of the form.
- In the next section, details about the motor vehicle being sold should be entered – this includes make/manufacturer of the vehicle, model or series, year of manufacture, color, VIN (vehicle identification number), style (hatchback, sedan, etc), exact odometer reading at the time of sale and the title number.
- If the seller is accepting a down payment, enter the amount of down payment (in $), as well as the amount of days that it will take for transfer of title of the vehicle.
- Enter the amount of days that the seller will allow the buyer to come and inspect the vehicle with an independent mechanic.
- Enter the amount of the down payment (in $) that the seller will retain if the sale doesn’t go through.
- The seller acknowledges that the odometer reading of the mentioned vehicle reflects the actual mileage of the vehicle, that he/she is the rightful owner of the vehicle and that the vehicle has no sort of liens or mortgages attached to it.
- After all acknowledgements, the form will be complete with the signatures of the seller and buyer at the bottom, along with the date of signing. The full legal name and signature of one witness is also required.