This is the Arkansas Affidavit of Inheritance of a Motor Vehicle Form – a form filled when a person who has died has an unclaimed motor vehicle. The form is filled by the rightful heir of the deceased person, and it is restricted to the state of Arkansas only. The vehicle could be anything from a car to a truck. The person filling the form must prove that he/she was legally responsible for the decedent’s estate.
How to fill this Affidavit of Inheritance of a Motor Vehicle?
- The affiant (sole heir) must enter the date of filling this form at the top, followed by the full legal name of the decedent. If there was a will of the decedent, it shouldn’t have been admitted for probate, in order to continue filling this form.
- Next, enter the details of the vehicle that the decedent has left behind. There are multiple lines provided here, just in case there were multiple vehicles. The details of the vehicle(s) needed are year of manufacture, make/manufacturer, model, body style and VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).
- Next, enter the full legal name of the person to whom the title of the vehicle(s) should be transferred to (decedent’s successor/affiant).
- The affiant enters the name of the decedent once again and the date of signature.
- The end the form, signatures of all the witnesses of this affidavit are required in the lines provided.