An heirship form is used to legally record all the rightful heirs of a certain deceased person and the Georgia Affidavit of Heirship Form is the same restricted to use within the state of Georgia. After legally finding out all the heirs, the decedent’s estate (if any) can be distributed equally.
How to Fill this Heirship Form
- Enter the name of the person who has deceased.
- Enter the name and address of the affiant as he/she acknowledges that they have personal knowledge of the decedent, whose name is stated again. Also enter the dates between which the affiant knew the decedent.
- Enter the decedent’s date, place, city, county and state of death. Also enter his/her exact address (inclusive of zip code) at the time of death.
- Answer whether the decedent left a will – yes or no. If yes, answer whether the will has been admitted to probate. If yes, mention the place, cause number and date. If no will, answer yes or no whether an administrator or personal representative has been appointed for the estate of the decedent. If yes, give the name of county in which proceedings are pending as well as details of the personal representative or administrator.
- Give details of the decedent’s surviving widow/widower. If married more than once, give details of the former spouse as well.
- Give names, addresses and other specified details of all surviving children of the decedent. The give details of deceased children (if any). Similarly, give details of grandchildren of the decedent. If the decedent had any adopted or step-children, give details of them as well.
- The next section is for unpaid debts of the decedent. Enter the names of various creditors, the amount due to each one and whether or not the amount has been paid off.
- If the decedent left no children, give details of surviving mother, father and siblings. If these don’t exist either, give details of all other known relatives.
- If the decedent owned any real estate in the state, mention all estates and a short description of each.
- Finally, mention the relation of the affiant with the decedent, and the form is concluded with date, signature of the affiant and notarization by a Notary Public of the state of Georgia.