Also known as the Affidavit of Administration, the Iowa Small Estate Affidavit Form is a legal document provided by the Unclaimed Property Division, to be used within the state of Iowa. The value of the said estate must not exceed the limit as specified by State Law.
How to Fill this Form?
- Enter the full legal name of the affiant.
- Enter the relationship of the affiant with the decedent, along with exact date of death. Also mention the state in which the decedent resided in at the time of death.
- One out of four options (A,B,C,D) must be ticked with respect to handling of the estate of the decedent. Options E and F is with respect to Trusts and they may apply as well. Also enter the total value of the decedent’s estate in USD ($).
- Then, the claimant/affiant’s signature is required and the form has to be notarized by a Notary Public of Iowa State.
- A page with beneficiary details must be attached to this affidavit. List down all the beneficiaries/heirs, their names, relationships to decedent and all other details asked for. The form is now complete.
Free Download Link