An heirship affidavit is a legal document that records all the rightful heirs to a certain deceased person’s estate. Similarly, the Kansas Affidavit of Heirship Form (K40AH) is an heirship affidavit to be used within the state of Kansas. This affidavit is required to be notarized by a Notary Public of Kansas State.
How to Fill this Affidavit Form?
- Name the State and County in which the decedent resided.
- Enter the full legal name of the affiant, then of the decedent, the exact date of death, decedent’s social security number and place of death. The affiant acknowledges to having knowledge of these facts.
- Individual details of five sections of people are required – surviving spouse, surviving dependent children, surviving dependent parents, surviving non-dependent children, surviving non-dependent parents. These details of each are required – name, relationship with decedent, mailing address, city, state, zip code, date of birth and social security number.
- Check one box of two, with respect to the decedent having an estate or not. If yes, mention if it has been in the past or is being probated in any court. Give details. Also check the box stating that the above information about surviving relatives are true.
- Mention the affiant’s relationship with the decedent and the affiant’s signature is required. Further, the affidavit needs to be notarized to be completed.