Also known as affidavit transferring certain personal property, the Kansas Small Estate Affidavit Form is a legal document that records the estate of a certain deceased person. The value of the estate must not exceed $40,000 and the affiant must be atleast 18 years old to be able to fill this form.
Instructions to Fill this Form:
- Enter the name of the county in which the estate in question lies.
- Enter the name of the affiant, as well as the name of the decedent and address of his/her estate that does not exceed $40,000.
- We proceed, acknowledging that no petition for the appointment of an executor is pending or has been granted; and that all unpaid debts of the decedent have been or will be paid.
- Enter details of all beneficiaries of the decedent. These details include full names, ages, respective relationships with the decedent, and each one’s full address.
- Now enter details of the decedent’s property – describe each property along with values of each property.
- Mention how the estate is apportioned among the affiant(s).
- The form needs to be signed and notarized by a Notary Public of Kansas State to be concluded.
Free Download Link
Kansas Small Estate Affidavit Form