An heirship affidavit is used to legally list down all the rightful heirs of a certain deceased person. The Kentucky Affidavit of Heirship Form is similarly used and is restricted to use within the state of Kentucky. A copy of decedent’s death certificate must be attached to this affidavit.
Instructions to Fill this Form
- Enter the full legal name of the decedent as well as the name of the County in which the decedent resided.
- Enter the full legal name of the affiant, the duration for which affiant knew decedent and the relationship between the affiant and decedent.
- Mention details about the death of the decedent – address at the time of death, name of County in Kentucky State and exact date of death.
- Was there an estate opened in a court of law? If yes, mention date, place and case number. Also mention whether or not the decedent left a will.
- Mention family details of the decedent – mention about any surviving spouse(s), children, grandchildren. If none, mention same details of parents and siblings of the decedent.
- Keeping in mind state limits, mention the value of the decedent’s estate at the time of death in USD ($).
- The signature of the affiant is required, along with his/her full address, telephone numbers, and the form must be notarized by a Notary Public of Kentucky State to beconsidered legal.