Heirship affidavits are used to list down all rightful heirs of a decedent and similarly, the Louisiana Affidavit of Heirship Vehicle Only Form is an heirship affidavit to be used for vehicles only, within the state of Louisiana. The form is provided by the Louisiana Department of Public Safety & Corrections Office of Motor Vehicles. The affiant acknowledges to filling in the form correctly, under penalties of perjury.
Steps to Fill this Affidavit Form:
- Enter the name of the decedent, confirming that he/she is the owner of the said vehicle(s).
- Now, enter details of the vehicle in question – year of manufacture, make/manufacturer, model, VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), Louisiana title number, and current Louisiana license number.
- Next are four check boxes to be ticked or not ticked by the affiant. The first couple of boxes are with regard to the decedent’s will, while the next two are with regard to the certificate of title of the vehicle in question.
- The next section is for providing details of all heirs and legatees of the estate. If more than four, a supplementary list can be attached. Firstly, enter the details for surviving spouse of the decedent, and then other heirs.
- Details needed – full legal name, address, city, state, telephone number and signature. Also, each legatee’s details must be notarized separately by a Notary Public for Louisiana State.
- The fees for this affidavit must be paid to the Office of Motor Vehicles.