A small estate affidavit form is a legal instrument/document that identifies the estate left behind by a certain deceased person. All of the decedent’s personal property and vehicles are included in this but is limited to a certain amount in US Dollars, depending on state to state.
After identification of estate, it becomes easier to identify the successors of the same small estate. This blank small estate affidavit form is a general small estate affidavit form which is not restricted to any particular state and can be used anywhere in the United States of America.
Steps to Fill this Blank Small Estate Affidavit Form
- Begin the form by entering the name of the deceased person right at the top, followed by the name of the State of USA in which the estate exists, followed by the name of the County as well.
- The full legal name of the affiant is required followed by the date of death of the decedent.
- The affiant must mention if he/she is the successor of the decedent or an assigned agent by the successor of the decedent.
- Enter the exact value of the estate in USD and ensure it does not exceed the state limits.
- The successor is entitled to payment/delivery of any debts of the decedent. Next, enter everything that is included in the decedent’s estate (this could include furniture, personal property, houses, vehicles, etc).
- The signature and full address of the affiant is needed.
- Two witnesses, their names and signatures are required as the affiant acknowledges that he/she has no interests in the decedent’s estate.
- The form can be concluded with notarization by a Notary Public of the relative State.