As you may know, a bill of sale is a legal document that shows the transfer of personal property. In the same way, the Indiana Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Form is one that needs to be filled to record the transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle from seller to buyer within the state of Indiana.
The form is also known as Form 44237 and as per the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles; it may be used for the sale of a motor vehicle or even a watercraft in the state of Indiana.
Here’s how to fill the form:
- Remember, the form must be filled in print or in black/blue ink. Begin by providing some details about the vehicle begin sold.
- Start by entering the VIN (vehicle identification #) or HIN (hull identification #) depending on whether a motor vehicle or watercraft. Then, enter the year of manufacture, make/manufacturer and model, followed by registration number (only for watercraft).
- The next part of the form is for sale information. Enter the purchase price in USD ($) followed by the date of sale in MM/DD/YYYY format. Also enter the purchaser’s full legal name (last, first, middle initial) followed by full address inclusive of street, city, state and zip code.
- The seller acknowledges that there are no liens attached to the vehicle and also that the above information is true to the best of his/her knowledge.
- After acknowledgement, the signature of the seller is needed followed by seller’s full legal name and date of signature. Once again, the seller’s name, signature and date should be entered.
- At the bottom of the form, the purchaser’s signature, full legal name and date of signature should also be entered. These details (purchaser’s signature, date and name) must be entered a second time as well.
Free Download Link
Indiana Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale