This bill of sale form is restricted to use within the state of Montana only and even though it isn’t necessary to fill this form, it is recommended to protect both parties – buyer and seller. The Montana Vehicle Bill of Sale form, also known as Form MV24, is provided by the Montana MVD (Motor Vehicle Division) and should be submitted back here as well.
Instructions to Fill the Bill of Sale Form:
- Begin the form by entering the amount being paid for the vehicle, in US Dollars ($). Remember to enter this both in words and in figures.
- Next, enter the full name of the buyer along with any of DL (driver’s license), FEIN (federal employer identification number), Tribal ID or Corp ID. Also enter the full detailed address of the buyer.
- Next, enter details about the vehicle/vessel being sold – year of manufacture, make/manufacturer, model, style, VIN/HIN (as applicable) and license number.
- Check ‘yes’ or ‘no’ depending on whether the vehicle in question is a salvage vehicle or not. Also check ‘yes’ or ‘no’ depending on whether the vehicle is being sold only for parts or not.
- The seller acknowledges that he is the rightful owner of the vehicle being sold and must check one depending on whether the vehicle has any liens attached to it or not. If yes, then mention the name of the party in whose favour there is a lien, along with full address or the lienholder.
- Further, the seller acknowledges that all the above information is true to the best of his/her knowledge and towards the bottom, signs the document. Along with signature, the date of signature is also needed, with the seller’s full legal name (name of entity, if a commercial entity).
Free Download Link
Montana Vehicle Bill of Sale Form