The Arkansas Affidavit of Heirship form is a form filled to establish the rightful heirs of a deceased person who didn’t have a will, and this form cannot be filled by a person who is listed as an heir. The affiant is generally a disinterested third party, or a friend of the family. This form is required to be notarized and a copy of the decedent’s death certificate should be provided along with this affidavit of heirship.
How to fill the Arkansas Affidavit of Heirship Form?
- Enter the name of the state (in this case, Arkansas) and the name of the county in which the decedent resided.
- The affiant must enter his/her full legal name and the name of the deceased, stating that he/she was familiar with the decedent.
- The affiant must then enter the date on which the decedent died and then enter the list of all the entitled heirs, to the best of his/her knowledge.
- A number of lines are provided where the affiant can enter the full names of all the heirs, along with their full addresses and each one’s relationship with the decedent.
- Next, the affiant must take a declaration that he/she is NOT an heir to the decedent, and enter his/her name, signature, date and telephone number.
- The bottom of the form is to be filled in by the Notary Public as this document must be notarized. The state name, county name, date and Notary Public’s stamp/seal is required.
Free Download Link
Arkansas Affidavit Of Heirship Forms