The Indiana Small Estate Affidavit Form is a legal document that is used within the state of Indiana to record the list of heirs and how the decedent’s estate will be distributed. 45 days should’ve passed since the death of the person in question and the total value of the estate should not exceed $50,000.
How to Fill this Form?
- Begin by entering the decedent’s full legal name, social security number, date of death and full detailed address at the time of death.
- Enter the full legal name of the affiant.
- Since no petition for the appointment of a personal representative has been granted or is pending in jurisdiction, the form can be continued.
- Enter the names of those entitled to a portion of the decedent’s estate. Along with names, enter portion of estate and full detailed addresses as well.
- The affiant must sign and mention the date of signature. Also, his/her full legal name, address, date of birth and social security number must be given.
- The affidavit must be notarized by a Notary Public of the state of Indiana and following should be provided – state, county, signature, seal, SS#, and date of commission expiry.