Heirship affidavits are those forms used to legally record all the rightful heirs of a certain deceased person and it also helps in distributing the decedent’s estate among these heirs. Similarly, the Louisiana Affidavit of Heirship Form is used within the state of Louisiana for the same purpose. The form must be completed by a non-family member of the decedent.
How to fill this form?
- Enter the lease or unit number as well as a small description of the property in question, at the top right.
- Enter the name of the state and parish in which the decedent resided.
- Fill in the full legal name of the affiant, his address and then the name of the decedent as well.
- Mention how long the affiant knew the decedent and the relationship between the two. Enter the decedent’s death details – date, place, age, etc.
- Indicate whether the decedent left a will or not. Also indicate whether any proceedings with regard to the estate have commenced or not. If yes, provide further details of the same.
- Mention if there are any debts still outstanding by the decedent. Also mention if all taxes have been paid by him/her. After this, mention a few details of the property as required.
- The next few sections are for family details of the decedent. After mentioning how many times the decedent was married, give details of all spouses. Then, give details of all children (both adopted and born) and grandchildren. If no surviving children, give details of parents, siblings and all other known relatives.
- The form will be completed after it has been notarized by a Notary Public of the state of Louisiana.
Free Download Link
Louisiana Affidavit of Heirship Form