Also known as the form for collection of personal property, the Maine Small Estate Affidavit Form is to be utilized only if atleast 30 days have passed since the death of the decedent and the total value of the estate in question does not exceed $20,000.
Steps to Fill this Form
- Begin by entering the name of the county in the state of Maine in which the estate in question exists.
- Enter the name of the affiant along with his/her complete post office address as well as residential address. The affiant then also enters the name of the decedent and specifies his/her relationship with the decedent.
- Again, the name of the decedent is provided, along with his/her residence at the time of death. Also mention the exact date of death of the decedent.
- The affiant acknowledges that this affidavit is made under penalties of perjury and that all details within the form are 100% true. Then, the affiant can sign the document.
- At the bottom, a form called ‘Acknowledgment of Individual’ is attached and this form must be notarized by a Notary Public for the state of Maine, for the affidavit to be considered legal.
Free Download Link
Maine Small Estate Affidavit Form