An affidavit of heirship form is one filled to list down all the rightful heirs of a deceased person, legally. The form is to be filled by the affiant, who is a disinterested party of the decedent’s estate. The Connecticut Affidavit of Heirship form is restricted to use within the state of Connecticut only.
How to fill the Connecticut Affidavit of Heirship Form
- Begin the form by mentioning the full legal name of the decedent, whose affidavit of heirship this is.
- Mention the name of the County in which the decedent resided.
- Mention the full legal name of the affiant as he/her acknowledges that he/she was well acquainted with the decedent and mention how long the affiant knew the decedent. Also mention the relationship between the affiant and decedent.
- Next, mention the exact address where the decedent passed away, along with name of county and time/date.
- Mention if the estate was ever opened in a court of law? If yes, mention case number, along with place and date.
- Was there a will f the decedent? if yes, a copy must be attached.
- Mention the name of any spouse who lived longer than the decedent. Also give the exact date that any surviving spouse died (if applicable).
- Next, list the names of all children of the decedent, all born, illegitimate and adopted children. Along with their names, addressed should also be provided. Then, list the names, addresses and date of death of any children who died before the decedent.
- Mention names, addresses and date of death of any grandchildren. If none, then mention the same details of the decedent’s mother/father and any siblings.
- Mention the exact value of the estate and ensure it doesn’t exceed the amount as specified by Connecticut State Law.
- The signature and the address of the affiant is needed, along with his/her telephone number.
The affidavit has to be notarized by a Notary Public of the state of Connecticut for it to be completed. Also mention the names of those who have prepared the form and to whom it must be returned to, if needed.
Free Download Link
Connecticut Affidavit of Heirship Form