A Bill of Sale is a legal document that is created to avoid future disputes between the buyer and seller of any property. Here, the Louisiana Bill of Sale of a Movable is a form that is to be filled to record the transfer of ownership of any movable property from the seller to buyer. Movable properties could include anything like a motor bike, motor vehicle, boat, vessel, RV, ATV, watercraft, or others.
The form has to be notarized. Just like how other USA states have civil administrative units called Counties, the same way Louisiana is divided into Parishes.
Steps to Fill the Bill of Sale Form:
- Enter the parish of Louisiana in which the sale is taking place.
- Enter the full legal name of the seller of a legal age.
- Enter the full legal name of the buyer of a legal age.
- Now, information of the movable needs to be furnished, depending on the type of vehicle. Enter the make/manufacturer, model, year of manufacturer and the VIN (vehicle identification #).
- Now, some details about the sale – sale price of the vehicle (in US Dollars) followed by the date of execution of the sale.
- The seller warrants that there are no liens attached to the movable vehicle and he signs the document along with date of signature.
- The signature of the buyer is also required along with the seal or stamp of the Notary Public of this particular parish in the state of Louisiana. The form is then complete.