A bill of sale is a legal document that is drawn between two parties of a sale transaction – buyer and seller. For most sale transactions, a bill of sale is not required, but it is always recommended as it protects the interests of both buyer and seller and avoids future disputes.
The Motorcycle Bill of Sale form is one that is to be filled to record the transfer of ownership of a motorcycle being sold, from seller to buyer. As it is a general form, it is not restricted to use in any particular state and can be used anywhere across the USA.
Instructions to Fill a Bill of Sale Form:
- Begin the form by entering the date of sale on the top right corner.
- Enter the full legal name of the seller, followed by his/her detailed address, city, state and zip code. Also enter the seller’s home phone number, cell phone number and work phone number.
- Similarly, enter the same details of the buyer – name, detailed address and different phone numbers.
- Now, we require information on the motorcycle being sold. Enter the name of the manufacturer, year of manufacture, color, model, VIN (vehicle identification number) and also the approximate mileage of the motorcycle.
- Enter the sale details – exact value of the motorcycle in USD ($), followed by the form of payment of this amount by the buyer.
- After acknowledging that the details in this form are completely true and accurate, the signature of the seller and date of signature is required. Similarly, the buyer’s signature and date of signature is required to conclude this bill of sale form.